NEWSBRIEF: Apply for the energy assistance program

Minnesota Energy Assistance Program helps pay for home heating costs and furnace repairs for income qualified households.

EAP is federally funded through the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Grants are for renters or homeowners, households with income at or below 50% of the state median income, based on energy cost, household size and income.

Services may include payment of energy bills, help with utility disconnections or fuel deliveries, education on efficient and safe use of energy, advocacy with energy suppliers and human service providers, and repair or replacement of homeowners’ broken heating systems.

Applications must be received or postmarked by May 31 for EAP benefits for the 2018-2019 program year benefits. Applicants received after May 31 may be eligible for the Weatherization Assistance Program, local funds, referrals, or advocacy. Applications denied due to the end of program year will automatically receive an application for the next program year. Apply directly with the EAP provider serving your county or tribe.

1. Find Your EAP Provider

2. Contact your EAP provider and have them send you an application. 

3. Mail your completed application to your EAP provider.

4. For help finding your local EAP provider, call 1-800-657-371

Rate this article: 
No votes yet
Comment Here